Thursday, February 7, 2013

Our Not So Romantic Love Story


My husband and I have been married for 5 years, together for 11 years. Those dates could be a bit off because not many adults I know don't circle a date around the exact date they met. Anyways, Once upon a time in a not so far away land there was a girl having a drunken night out with her soon to be ex best friend at her favorite hole in the wall bar. At this time I was not looking for anything serious. I just got out of a horrible two year, horrible, I can't believe I ever did that to myself relationship. I was dancing with my friend having a nice girls night out when walking by I get grabbed, not stopped, but grabbed by some guy. I was repulsed, because I was grabbed. In comes the "I was acting stuck up" remarks from my husband. Wouldn't you be a bit turned off by a grab? Anyway, so we got to kind of talking and drinks were bought, numbers exchanged. I really didnt think much of it. But, I did want to go out with different guys, get out there. So we called each other and set up a quick date. So when he picked me up he was a lot more attractive then I remembered, so I wasn't too disappointed. We went to the best place for a first date, the drive in. In come more stuck up remarks from my husband again! It wasn't much, but believe it or not we did talk. We continued our relationship for a while hanging out, but I guess I really didn't realized what bond was happening. I just kind of thought of it as a hot relationship not much more. So I stupidly went back to my ex for about two seconds before I realized nothing would ever change. So there I was again single and ready to mingle! So me and my then best friend wound up at the same bar again. Who knows why we were waiting in line that night because, we were regulars that could always slip in before the crowd. There he was about four people ahead of us. He looked back at me. I took that as an invite to come talk to him, but according to my hubby it wasn't. But we talked  and eventually left to go back to my house to hang out. We all hung out and eventually we had private time and got to talking bout everything that happened. I found out that my husband was so in love with me. I couldn't have felt worse, cause while I liked him and had fun with him, I just didn' t have the same mind set. There's a lot of things one could call me, but it is deffinitley not a liar. So no I didn't lie that night and tell him I loved him. Sad I know. So we started over and I let myself go. I did fall in love. We dated for about a year and then surprise, I was pregnant with my son.



We moved in together. We finally got married right before my dad passed away. I thank God everyday for that, because my dad really wanted to see us married in front of God. Then my wedding present was my daughter. Surprise!



So I don't have the most romantic love story. Great love letters. But then that wouldn't be us. We're not exactly lovey dovey hearts and roses people anyway. I love my husband and wouldn't change a thing about our love story.

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. "~
Mignon McLaughlin


Where did you meet your love?










No comments:

Post a Comment