Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beauty and the Mom

Being a mom and looking good, no matter what age your children are is a challenge. Now, I love makeup and always have, but there was a period in my life where I just lost that. It's sad when it happens, but it is reality for a lot of women. We get so wrapped up in giving our selves to others we don't realize that we are on the back burner. This comes into play with weight, fashion, makeup, & hair. Yes, people change and grow up and understand that the frivolous young life style you once had is gone. But, you don't have to loose yourself. So stop and think about the person you were, who you are now, and who you want to be. I know this sounds a little deep for talking about beauty, but it's really whats inside that needs to start shinning on the outside again.

Most of us are on a budget so we need items that are wallet friendly. So here's some suggestions to get you to where you want to be.

Find one item to splurge on. I personally choose foundation. Foundation is the base on to what we show the world. I don't know about you, but I'm horrible at picking foundation for myself. So I suggest to go to the mothership,Sephora, dressed nice, makeup on. Yes I said it, the employees are more attentive to people who look like they are ready to shop. It sad but true, you can ban the store for this reason if you'd like, but its just like that in most cases. Status profiling. Talk to them and tell them what type of skin you have and what your looking for. Don't buy unless you are far away from the store. Get a sample or samples of your choosing. Try at home in real life circumstances.

Use coupons. Couponer or not, if you use coupons for makeup and nail polish you will save a ton and start a makeup collection. I recommend the CVS Beauty club because for every $50 you spend pre coupons you get $5 to spend your next trip. If you follow my weekly deals on my other blog ginagina909 you will see good deals that I personally choose. If you don't have a CVS most pharmacies have a similar deals not the beauty club though. You can get coupons online, in the newspaper and in store.

Try the Dollar Tree. The Dollar Tree has mostly good makeup and nail polish. Keep to name brand plus L.A.Colors. The deal with makeup at the Dollar Tree is that it's discontinued,not bad. If you find something good buy at least 2 because you will probably never see it again. Oh yeah they take coupons too!

Just a thought while your budgeting your beauty. The more you save the more you'll get to spend on your splurge.

Have you lost yourself in your family? Comment Below, I love to hear from you guys.

"Go fierce into the world with a perfect face, paint on your clothes, and applesauce in your hair!"-Me

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. "~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty



No comments:

Post a Comment